How Telemedicine Can Help You
You can’t always predict when you might need to be evaluated by a podiatrist. But getting to the office may be impractical, impossible, or sometimes just not safe due to viral outbreak, lack of transportation, or any other extenuating circumstance.
We have the solution for you: telemedicine appointments with the doctors at Annapolis Foot and Ankle.
Telemedicine is a great option for those who need diagnostic services, check-up appointments, or advice from a doctor but either can’t or shouldn’t make a physical trip to the office.
These appointments are covered by insurance (including Medicare), and communications are secured using end-to-end encryption and are fully HIPAA compliant.
What You’ll Need
In order to have a successful telemedicine appointment, you’ll need:
- A free account with Zoom (click here to sign up)
- A device capable of making and receiving video calls (Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS all supported)
- An internet connection
We also recommend:
- A comfortable, private, well-lit location
- At least one close family member or friend in the room with you to provide assistance and take notes
What Kinds of Examinations Can Be Performed Online?
Obviously, no specific procedures or treatments can be performed over video. However, a telemedicine conference may be appropriate for the following types of appointments (among others):
- Initial consult for the doctor to make a visual examination of an injury, deformity, or other noticeable foot or ankle problem.
- Follow-up appointment after surgery, wound care, ingrown toenail treatment, etc.
- Discussion with the doctor about home care treatments or instructions.
- Coordinated appointment with a home health nurse, physical therapist, occupational therapist, or other medical professional.
If you aren’t sure whether or not your appointment can be conducted successfully over the internet, just give our office a call and we’ll be glad to help you.
As of March 2019, telemedicine appointments are now fully covered by most insurances
(including Medicare) with no copay, and many plans are waiving the deductible as well.
We will schedule the appointment and bill your insurance as normal.
There is no cost to create a Zoom account or download the necessary software to conduct the
We charge the following rates based on the length of the appointment:
15 Minutes: $65
30 Minutes: $85
60 Minutes: $115
Telemedicine Request Appointment